November 18: North Shore Agriculture Committee to hear from Kamehameha Schools Endowment Group
The North Shore Agriculture Committee, a special committee of the North Shore Neighborhood Board, will be holding a meeting on Thursday, November 18 at the Waialua Community Association in Cottage 2. The Waialua Community Association is located in the “old gym” across from the Haleiwa Post Office.
On the agenda is a review of the existing community plans and community visions for the area that affect and impact agriculture on the North Shore. A presentation on the Kamehameha Schools Endowment Group Land Assets Division will be given by Kalani Fronda and Kapu Smith. The presentation is expected to run approximately 20 minutes. A 10-minute question-and-answer session will follow.
Other items on the agenda include a discussion on the UH-Waialae Facility Update and a letter to the dean at University of Hawaii’s College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources (CTAHR) as well as a letter of recommendation to the North Shore Neighborhood Board and the City’s Ag Development Task Force about cleaning Lake Wilson’s water from R2 to R1.
The full meeting agenda is below.
NORTH SHORE NEIGHBORHOOD BOARD NO. 27
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2010
Waialua Community Association, Cottage 2
66-434 Kamehameha Hwy
7:00 – 8:30 PM Meeting
CALL TO ORDER – Introductions (5 min.)
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: October 28, 2010 (5 min.)
REVIEW OF EXISTING COMMUNITY PLANS & COMMUNITY VISIONS
· Kamehameha Schools - Endowment Group - Land Assets Division
Kalani Fronda and Kapu Smith (20 min)
Q & A (10 min)
4. CARRY OVER ITEMS FROM OCTOBER 28, 2010 MEETING (15 min)
· Review Existing Community Plans & Visions that Affect/Impact Agriculture on the North Shore.
· UH-Waialae Facility Update/ Letter to the Dean at UH – CTAHR Showing Community Support to Keep it Ag.
· Letter of Recommendation to the North Shore Neighborhood Board and the City’s Ag Development Task Force – Re: Lake Wilson Water Clean Up From R2 to R1.
FARM NEWS, UPDATES, & CONCERNS (15 min)
DISCUSSION: (15 min)
· Decisions Made
· Action Items
· Next Agenda
NEXT MEETING: January 20, 2010 at the Waialua Community Association, Cottage 2 at 7:00 pm
· Future Meetings – The North Shore Agriculture Committee Normally Meets on the Third Thursday of Each Month. There is a Recess in December.
ADJOURN – 8:30 pm